Lenovo E540 Overview
The black ThinkPad E540 20C6008QUS 15.6″ Notebook Computer from Lenovo delivers both in terms of performance and mobility. The ThinkPad E540 provides a 6-cell lithium ion battery for up to 6.2 hours per charge (battery life may vary). The ThinkPad E540 features an ABS plastic lid for a portable yet durable design.
The 15.6″ widescreen display is backlit with LED lamps, which brighten faster, use less power, and last longer than their CCFL counterparts. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio, which is also the standard for HDTVs. The HD 1366 x 768 native resolution is supported by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600. The native resolution allows you to play back 720p HD content without upscaling or letterboxing.
The system is powered by a 4th generation Haswell quad-core 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7-4702MQ processor. It also has 4GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM, a 500GB 7200 rpm hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, a 4-in-1 media card reader, a fingerprint reader, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam, and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with Dolby Advanced Audio v2 technology.
- 4th-Gen Haswell Intel Core Performance
- The Lenovo ThinkPad E540 houses a 4th generation Haswell Intel Core i7-4702MQ processor. Its quad cores can reach a stock speed of 2.2 GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 3.2 GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. The 4th generation Haswell processor uses low voltage to extend battery life without sacrificing performance. With a dedicated 6MB L3 cache, 4GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM, and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you’ll be able to push the quad cores up to eight virtual cores for quick and efficient multitasking.
- 15.6″ Antiglare LED-Backlit Display
- The 15.6″ display features a 16:9 aspect ratio and has a 1366 x 768 native resolution, powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600. The native resolution allows you to play back 720p HD content natively without upscaling or letterboxing. The screen also has a matte, antiglare finish, which allows you to use the ThinkPad E540 in brightly-lit environments with ease. You can also output video to an external display via the HDMI port.
- Wireless Connectivity
- The Lenovo ThinkPad E540 supports 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, which provides a high-speed connection to your home or office wireless network. There is also Bluetooth 4.0 technology for connecting to Bluetooth-compatible devices, such as a wireless mouse.
- USB 3.0 – 10x Faster than USB 2.0
- USB 3.0 can reach data transfer speeds of up to 5 Gbps, which is up to ten times faster than USB 2.0. USB 3.0 is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 devices so you don’t have to worry about losing access to your older peripherals. Also, one of the USB ports is powered so you can charge your portable device for added convenience.
- 4-in-1 Media Card Reader
- The Lenovo ThinkPad E540 has a 4-in-1 media card slot that can read Secure Digital (SD), Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC), Secure Digital eXtended Capacity (SDXC), and MultiMediaCard (MMC).
- SuperMulti DVD Burner
- The Lenovo ThinkPad E540 houses a SuperMulti DVD burner, which allows you to read and write both CDs and DVDs.
Be the first to review “Lenovo ThinkPad E540|Core i7|8GB|1TB|15.6″ Screen”