Sony VPL-DX142 Projector
With a brightness of 3200 lumens, the VPL-DX142 XGA Multimedia Projector from Sony is optimized for small boardroom presentations and in-home use. It features XGA (1024 x 768) native resolution, which has a 4:3 aspect ratio. Additionally, internal scaling allows the projector to work with a range of non-native formats, including SD, HD up to 1080p60, and computer signals up to 1600 x 1200 (UXGA).
For connectivity to a range of devices, the VPL-DX142 features an HDMI input, a VGA input, and a composite video input. The VGA input doubles as a component input – a separately available adapter or cable from 3-RCA to VGA will be required. For audio, there is a shared 3.5mm mini jack input that can be used in conjunction with either composite or VGA inputs. To output audio, the projector features a mono 1W speaker for those times when no separate sound system is available.
A remote control, VGA cable, and carrying case are all included.
- Bright Era 3LCD Technology
- A beamsplitter sends red, blue, and green light through three monochrome LCD panels to render a video image. 3LCD design features no moving parts in the imaging system, although there is still a cooling fan, and is free of the “rainbow effect” artifact sometimes perceived on color-wheel-based systems
- 1.3x Zoom and 1.37 to 1.80:1 Throw Ratio
- Throw ratio is one of the most important specifications a projector lens has as it tells you the image size (width) you will get at a given distance from the screen. This projector is optimized for screens between 30 and 300″ diagonal
- 3200 Lumens Lamp
- A single lamp provides 3200 lumens brightness in the brightest mode, and is estimated to last 3000 hours – up to 10,000 if continuously used in the lowest brightness setting. To determine the ideal brightness level for your application, you will need to take into account the screen width, distance from the projector to the screen (throw distance), amount of ambient light near the screen, and the reflectivity (gain) of the screen surface used
- 4:3 Native Aspect Ratio
- This projector features the XGA format, which produces a 4:3 aspect ratio picture
- Auto Brightness
- In this mode, adjusts brightness automatically based on the content being displayed
- “Off and Go”
- Allows you to pack up the projector as soon as it powers down – no more cool-down period
- Eco Mode
- Provides extended lamp life and lower power consumption (brightness will be lower)
- Gamma Correction
- Employs 12-bit 3D digital gamma correction for enhanced tonal reproduction
Be the first to review “Sony VPL-DX142 XGA Multimedia Projector”